Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Picky Eater? Not anymore

My little lady was such a great eater as an infant and pretty much until she could walk....then she became a PICKY EATER. One day she would love green beans, the next day she couldn't even look at them! I am not one to just give snacks all day, so I knew it wasn't because she was full on snacks.

I did some research and I kept reading about the plates that have seperate compartments for the food and how great they are for picky eaters. I didn't even use a plate for her food, I just put the food in different piles on her highchair tray......She never seemed to mind her food touching. So I just ignored the articles I was reading and figured it was just a stage she was going through.

I was at babies-r-us one day, shopping for a stainless steel sippy cup and saw the plates. I found a 2 pack of Dr.Brown plates for $6......so, I thought, let's give it a try.

BEST THING EVER!!! I don't even know what a picky eater is now. The plates I bought have 3 divided areas and they are all the same size, a good way to portion out the food for your child. I know that I was giving her bigger portions before, which might of seemed overwhelming to her. She eats everything now, she might not be a plate cleaner, but she is eating a lot more.

If you have a picky eater, invest in one of these plates.


No comments:

Post a Comment